What we do
We help you, the respected elders of our community, learn to use your digital devices such as smartphones, laptops or tablets. We focus on what you want to achieve with technology: sort out all those digital photos, come to grips with online banking, installing or removing apps, connecting with family overseas or interstate – all the tasks that are becoming hard to do if you are not online.
Our services are delivered in small groups in community centres, in the comfort of your own home, or online when required. In all settings you will receive individual help from a trained mentor in a friendly and supportive manner.
Most of our services are free, including your first home visit from one of our helpful mentors. Subsequent home visits incur a reasonable charge with a discount for those on a pension. You may also be able to pay via your home care package if you have one.
Services offered by Living Connected include:
- Public Drop-In help sessions held regularly in the Illawarra, Shoalhaven and Southern Highlands
- Online help sessions on Zoom.
- Group help sessions in aged-care facilities.
- A Home Service tailored to individual needs and with ongoing support if required
- Training for volunteer helpers, Young Mentors and Carers wanting to help those they care for.
- Providing second-hand devices to low socio-economic seniors and those in disaster recovery.